« Samsung offers full refund over flawed Intel chip (サムソンは問題のあるインテルのチップ購入者に返金する)/Google Offers Virtual Gallery Tours (グーグルがバーチャル画廊ツアーを発表) | トップページ | Arabs Find – and Lose – Their Voice Online (アラブの市民はネットで発信する) »

2011年2月 4日 (金)

Murdoch launches iPad newspaper ‘The Daily’ (マードックがアイパッド新聞「ザ・デイリー」を発刊)/With NEC venture, Lenovo eyes Japan (レボノ、NECとの共同会社設立で日本市場を狙う)

★英語ニュース/メディアの用法研究★

世界に関心を持つことが英語上達の第一歩!!

21世紀のサラリーマン・学生必読 『EE英語』  

HERE!!

☆英語ディベートの情報源!!☆英語用例のデータベース!!☆歴史の記録!!

◆本日のトピックス: 

☆マニラ・タイムズ

Friday, February 04, 2011

マードックがアイパッド新聞「ザ・デイリー」を発刊

Murdoch launches iPad newspaper ‘The Daily’

ニューズコープのルパート・マードックはアップルのアイパッド向けのデジタル新聞を立ち上げた。

これはオンラインで有料のニュースを消費者に提供するという試みの最新のものである。

News Corp.’s Rupert Murdoch on Wednesday launched “The Daily,” a digital newspaper created for Apple’s iPad, in the latest move in his drive to get consumers to pay for news online.

ザ・デイリーはアップルのアップ・ストアーとアイチューンズを介して販売され、1週間の料金は99セント、年間購読料は39.99ドル。

ニューズコープは週契約の料金から70セントを徴収し、アップルは残りを手にする。

The Daily will be sold through Apple’s App Store and iTunes and cost 99 cents a week or $39.99 a year. News Corp. will get 70 cents from each weekly subscription with Apple pocketing the rest.

マードックの他にもアイポッドを新たな収益源として注目する新聞などの発行者は多い。

米国のほとんどの大手の新聞や雑誌もアイパッド用に有料・無料の配信サービスを立ち上げている。

Murdoch is not the only publisher looking to the iPad for revenue, and most major US newspapers and magazines have created paid or free versions of their publications for the iPad.

記事のリンク(クリック):

http://www.manilatimes.net/tech-times/murdoch-launches-ipad-newspaper-the-daily/

******************

Green TechnologyNews

February 02, 2011

レボノ、NECとの共同会社設立で日本市場を狙う

With NEC venture, Lenovo eyes Japan

世界市場でのシェア拡大を狙う中国のレボノはライバルのNECとの連携を行い、世界の主要市場の1つ日本での飛躍を目指す。

NECPC事業をこの新会社に移管させるが、この新会社はレボノの支配下におかれる。株式の51%はレボノが所有し、NEC49%を所有するが、NEC17500万ドル相当のレボノの株式を受け取る。

Feb 02, 2011 (The Cary News - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- Chinese computer maker Lenovo's quest to boost its worldwide sales has led to a new joint venture with rival NEC that dramatically expands its presence in Japan, a key market.

NEC is spinning off its PC business to the joint venture, which will be controlled by Lenovo with a 51 percent ownership stake. NEC, which will own the remaining 49 percent, is receiving $175 million worth of Lenovo shares as part of the deal.

この提携でレボノは中国と日本の双方で市場シェアはNo.1となる。

2010年には、レボノは世界市場では、HP、デル、エーサーに続いてNo.4だった。

NECの日本国内PC市場のシェアは20%、レボノは5%、ただし、NECは海外ではPCを発売せず、世界でのシェアはほぼ1%にすぎない。

The move will give Lenovo the No. 1 market share in China and Japan,

In 2010 Lenovo was the No. 4 PC maker worldwide -- behind HP, Dell and Acer -- with a 10.4 percent market share, according to market research firm IDC.

NEC has about a 20 percent share of the Japanese PC market, while Lenovo has about a 5 percent share. NEC doesn't sell PCs outside Japan and has a worldwide market share of nearly 1 percent.

記事のリンク(クリック):

http://green.tmcnet.com/news/2011/02/02/5285944.htm

*************************

(注)引用は英語表現の研究のためですが、正確な内容については原文記事の参照をお勧めいたします。

EENG’s comment:

EE-時事検定(未定)問題集チャレンジしてみよう!!(クリック)

No.1問題No.1解答No.2問題No.2解答No.3問題No.3解答No.4問題No.4解答No.5問題No.5解答No.6問題No.6解答No.7問題No.7解答No.8問題No.8解答

提供:EE-英語オフィス

 

英語情報研究・翻訳業務

EE-時事検定企画中、協力者募集)

付録:世界の金融機関ランキング

Eeengbanks

時事英語ブログ集リンク(ブログ村):

英語ブログリンク集(人気ブログランキング)

Eeengtokyotwr

|

« Samsung offers full refund over flawed Intel chip (サムソンは問題のあるインテルのチップ購入者に返金する)/Google Offers Virtual Gallery Tours (グーグルがバーチャル画廊ツアーを発表) | トップページ | Arabs Find – and Lose – Their Voice Online (アラブの市民はネットで発信する) »